Do you need accurate information on Questbridge Scholarship? This article is for you. This guide features the requirements and how to apply for Questbridge scholarship in USA. Read on!
QuestBridge is a powerful platform that connects the brightest students in the United States, right from low income backgrounds with reputable institutions of higher-education and further opportunities.
Questbridge Scholarship: A Scholarship Program For Low Income Students
Questbridge are aggregator of excellence. They aim to increase the percentage of talented low income students attending the best universities in the U.S., and the ranks of national leadership itself.
The scholarship program knows that abundant low income talent exists. Actually, approximately 30,000 talented low income students in the United States are academically qualified to attend the best universities in the nation annually.
However, majority of the students don’t even apply to one selective university. There is plenty raw talent and a lot of academically prepared talented low income students in the United States to connect top low income students with every full need scholarship that top colleges and universities in America provide.
A lot of these promising students assume they cannot afford an education at a top university or college. Others lack the education about what it takes to apply to a selective university or college, or simply assume they can’t secure an admission.
When low income students miss the opportunity to apply to and attend top universities or colleges, it has a significant effect on their futures.
Many end up not reaching their actual academic potential, or they don’t attend university or college at all. For those who attend a high institution, most of them end up not graduating.
This large amount of untapped talent results to a staggering loss in human potential. As the nation strives to remain competitive in the global society, promising students from across the economic spectrum are vital to the future and wealth of the nation at large.
Questbridge scholarship believes in talent, intelligence, nobility, motivation and grit are distributed across the entire economic spectrum of the Nation’s youth.
Many reputable universities and colleges, fortune 500 corporations, and top graduate institutions sincerely strive to completely accept the country’s most talented, self-motivated and determined students. But they often lack the reach to allure appropriate candidates from low income populations.
United States has an undiscovered population of talented low income youth. Some of the brightest young minds are well suited to opportunities, but unconnected for simple lack of mentorship, information and other surmountable barriers.
- QuestBridge visualizes a world where the nation’s leadership encompasses thoughtful and broad minded decision makers drawn from every economic segment of society.
- QuestBridge plans to significantly change the way leading colleges and colleges recruit talented low income students, and the way these students approach their futures and educations.
- QuestBridge builds and designs programs for talented low income students to enter and navigate exceptional educational and life opportunities.
- QuestBridge develops, recruits and supports motivated low income students, starting from high school through college to their early career to become successful in one of the nation’s best colleges, graduate schools, and companies.
- Class Year Eligibility
In order to be eligible to apply to the Questbridge scholarship (college match) in the fall of 2021, applicants must graduate from high-school during or prior to the summer of 2022 and plan to register as a freshman in college in the fall of 2022.
- Citizenship Eligibility
The Questbridge Scholarship (college match) is available to all Citizens of United States and Permanent Residents OR students, irrespective of citizenship, currently attending high school in the U.S. International students living outside the country are not eligible to apply.
Students attending high-school in the United States as international or undocumented students are eligible to apply, but should also read the Additional Citizenship Requirements to know which QuestBridge partners (college) will consider them for the Scholarship.
Questbridge Scholarship seek students who has shown a level of academic achievement that meets or surpasses the admissions standards of their partner colleges. The following is based on profiles of past students who got to the final stage of the scholarship, and are not strict cut-offs:
|Grades and rigor of high-school curriculum||Primarily A’s in the most difficult courses available (normally includes Honors, AP, and/or IB level courses).|
|Class Rank||Top 5 – 10% of graduating students|
|Standardized test scores||ACT composite score >27
SAT score >1260
Questbridge scholarship encourage students to report any SAT, ACT, TOEFL, IB, AP, or SAT Subject Test scores available.
It is important to note that, test score is not a requirement for applying, and about 50% of QuestBridge applicants in the past year did not have test scores. All applications are reviewed systemically, so students who have not taken standardized tests can still get to the final stage of the scholarship; however, applicants should ensure they meet the standard requirements (test) for each college partner they’re interested in.
|Additional Criteria||Applicant must have a strong writing ability, determination and intellectual spark.|
How To Apply For Questbridge Scholarship
To be considered for a complete four-year scholarship to one of Questbridge college partners, your need to submit a free, online National College Match application. This online application will serve as your application to the college partners if you are selected for the final stage.
- Information regarding your academics, household, activities and financial background
- 2 essays and short answers
- 2 recommendations
- School Report from the counselor of your high-school
- School Profile (not compulsory, but recommended)
- Current high-school transcript and additional transcripts (if any)
- Reports of standardized test score. They accept SAT, ACT, IB, AP, Subject Tests or TOEFL test scores
Questbridge Scholarship Partner Colleges
Below is a list of Questbridge scholarship partner colleges which comprises of research universities and liberal art colleges.
- Amherst College
- Barnard College
- Boston College
- Boston University
- Bowdoin College
- Brown University
- Colby College
- Colgate University
- College of the Holy Cross
- Columbia University
- Dartmouth College
- Hamilton College
- Haverford College
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Middlebury College
- Princeton University
- Swarthmore College
- Tufts University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Vassar College
- Wellesley College
- Wesleyan University
- Williams College
- Yale University
- Davidson College
- Duke University
- Emory University
- Rice University
- University of Virginia
- Vanderbilt University
- Washington and Lee University
- Carleton College
- Case Western Reserve University
- Denison University
- Grinnell College
- Macalester College
- Northwestern University
- Oberlin College
- University of Chicago
- University of Notre Dame
- Washington University in St. Louis
- California Institute of Technology
- Claremont McKenna College
- Colorado College
- Pomona College
- Scripps College
- Stanford University
- University of Southern California
QuestBridge will rigorously review the financial information in every student’s application. Students who get to the final stage of the scholarship program will need to submit official documentation verifying their financial situation directly to the colleges or universities to which they apply.
Was this information helpful? Checkout similar posts recommended for you below.
- List Of Tuition Free Universities In UK For International Students
- Hope Scholarship Florida – Requirements And How To Apply
- Georgia Tech Tuition, Admission Requirements And Acceptance Rate
- Virginia Tech Tuition, Admission Requirements And Acceptance Rate