Want to apply for admission to University of Tampa? Care to know about the school’s entry requirements, acceptance rate, fees and some of its historical background? I will be giving you all these in this piece.
About The School
Established in 1931, the University of Tampa is located in 401 West Kennedy Boulevard Tampa, FL 33606-1480 United States of America. It is a private university with a 110 acre campus. The schools motto is; ‘to be rather than to seem to be’
In 1932, the private Tampa Junior College was established by Hillsborough High School principal, Frederick Spaulding. The school which offers a limited degree programs’ set, was set up in order to serve as a higher education institution in the Tampa Bay area.
The school moved to its current location till date two years later, and changed its name to The University of Tampa, thereby expanding its course offerings as the new location also allows the school the luxury of larger space.
The growth of the University of Tampa continues unabated in following decades despite facing financial difficulties until it receives full accreditation from SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools)
Currently, University of Tampa runs over 200 programs, in which 20 are Masters degree programs. It offers certificate programs, pre-profession programs, major and minor programs, and so on. As at 2019, University of Tampa’s endowment is well over %4.2 million, and in 2021, it has about 10,500 students, an 18:1 students to faculty ratio
It is affiliated with associations such as;
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida
- American Alliance of Museums
University of Tampa is organized into 4 colleges, and they are;
- College of Social Sciences,
- Sykes College of Business
- Mathematics and Education
- College of Arts and Letters
Some of the most popular majors offered by the University of Tampa includes;
- Marine Science
- International Business
- Sport management
The school’s curriculum is well rooted in liberal arts tradition.
University of Tampa campus is also home to an ROTC unit of the army if as an undergraduate you desire to be commissioned into the US army after your graduation.
Recently, the University of Tampa’s entrepreneurship programs got ranked in the top 50. The school delivers high quality, challenging educational experiences and processes to diverse learner groups.
The development of each student into becoming responsible and productive citizens is a great concern of the University of Tampa.
University of Tampa Entry Requirements, Eligibility
If you are considering entering the University of Tampa, or perhaps there’s someone around you who you think might do, you will sure need to know the entry requirements and that is what we are going to be talking about in this section.
As common with all higher institutions of learning, entry requirement structure standard to be met by a candidate is dependent on many factors which includes the program being applied for by the candidate. Undergraduate and graduate studies are not surely going to be having the same entry requirements. This common trend also applies in the case of University of Tampa.
For undergraduate admission to the University of Tampa, the admission requirements include the following;
- Must have graduated from a secondary school/high school within the last 6 months or currently enrolled in one.
- Documents to be presented includes; recommendation letter from a teacher or a completed guidance counsellor recommendation form, American College Test or Scholastic Admission Test scores (ACT/SAT), GED results or official secondary school transcripts, Essay, and a payment of a non-refundable $40 application fee.
For transfer students;
- You must have graduated from secondary school and must have earned the required college credits.
- Must present all the documentations and payment mentioned for the freshman undergraduate above.
- If you are a BSN completion student, you must present Photocopy of Florida Registered Nurse License or eligibility of licensure.
For international students, you must apart from the required qualifications for undergraduate above;
- present proof of English proficiency, TOEFL, or IELTS or Duolingo
- Acceptable TOEFL score is is 550 or 213 for computer based or 79 for Internet based
- Acceptable IELTS score is a minimum of 6.5 grade.
- Proof of availability of funds to cover for expenses of first year of study
- if you are currently studying in the US, international student clearance form is required
- if available, you need a copy of biographical page of your passport
For post-baccalaureate graduate studies,
- applicant must submit official transcripts from a degree granting institution
- for non-degree seeking applicants;
- unofficial transcripts from all universities and colleges attended are required
- Average GPA of entrants into University of Tampa is 3.5
These are the entry requirements for various programs at the University of Tampa. You may visit the schools Website for more after you are done with this piece.
University of Tampa Acceptance Rate
The University of Tampa acceptance is quite selective. The average SAT score of students who made it into University of Tampa is 1,100 to 1,250. Of the 24,886 that applied for admission into the school last year, 13,815 got admitted, while the remaining bit the dust. 8,388 of the applicants were male while the female took a whooping 16,498 figure. 8,768 females were accepted, while 5,051 males made it in. This puts the recent acceptance rate of University of Tampa at 56%.
University of Tampa Tuition, Fees
Before talking about the amount foe tuition and other fees at the University of Tampa, we want you to first understand that for those who qualify, there are scholarship grants and loans available. Generally, US citizens or permanent residents also have Financial aids available.
Average tuition cost for full time undergraduates at UT is $29,162 per semester, (12-18 credit hours). Mandatory fees is $2,112, average book cost per annum is $1,500, room and board, a double room with 15 meals per week is $11,690.
Graduate programs cost $663 per credit hour.
Executive MBA programs cost $51,570 total for 2 years.
These are some of the fee structures for University of Tampa. If these costs are not beyond your pocket, then UT is a go for you.
This where we call it a day in this piece about the University of Tampa. You sure have been well informed about the school in this piece. Do well to share for others to also benefit.
- Georgia Tech Tuition, Admission Requirements And Acceptance Rate
- List Of Tuition Free Universities In UK For International Students
- Virginia Tech Tuition, Admission Requirements And Acceptance Rate
- Best Colleges For Political Science In USA
- Top 20 Public Universities And Colleges In USA
- University Of Toronto Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Admission Requirements, Programs And Rankings